Call for Papers
PAPER & BIOREFINERY 15 – 16 May 2024
For more than 70 years the pulp-, paper- and biorefinery industry has held an annual meeting in the beautiful city of Graz. About 450 representatives from industry and research are meeting at the PAPER & BIOREFINERY CONFERENCE to exchange knowledge and to network.
On May 15th – 16th, 2024 the conference will prove again to be a prime event, where the latest trends and industry developments are discussed: With its clear focus and international format the conference sets trends, particularly highlighting the important role of the pulp and paper sector as an increasingly successful operator in the circular bioeconomy helping to mitigate climate change. The conference will continue to address current topics in the pulp and paper industry presented by distinguished speakers. The Messecongress Graz is providing the ideal location for this event.
INVITATION / CALL FOR PAPERS
The APV (Association of Academic Paper Engineers) Graz together with the Austrian industry associations AUSTROPAPIER and ÖZEPA invites experts active in industry and research to present current results of their work at the PAPER & BIOREFINERY CONFERENCE 2024. For handing in paper proposals, please use our Conference Management System, oberserving the information and deadlines listed below.
From the submissions, the programme committee will prepare the conference agenda with about 30 presentations, which will be delivered in parallel sessions. Please note: You are kindly requested to give your presentation in ENGLISH, as no simultaneous translation will be offered.
We are looking forward to your contribution!
TIMELINE & DEADLINES:
15 December 2023:
Hand in your proposals via our
Conference Management System
Suggestion of topic/title, including an informative abstract (max. 500 words in English) naming all authors.
This guide will assist you in submitting your proposal:
17 January 2024:
Notice of acceptance to the authors.
15 April 2024: Final short version (abstract) due.
English (an additional German version is optional)
Continuous text with max. 5000 characters,
no graphics or pictures
8 May 2024: Presentation due as PPT- and PDF-File.
All presentations will be published online in PDF-format on the conference homepage, which is only accessible for participants of the conference.
If you do not want your presentation to be published online, please let us know.
Conference Theme 2024:
renewable, responsible, ready for the future!
* * * * * * *
Preferred topics for presentations:
- Presentations/Best practice examples related to the main theme of the conference: e.g. circular bioeconomy, wood based biorefinery concepts, GHG reduction, renewable energy…
- Innovative fiber-based products and novel applications for pulp, viscose fibres, paper and board (e.g. nanocelluloses, barrier materials, packaging solutions, new cellulose fiber based products)
- Improved energy concepts in the pulp and paper production chain
- Industry 4.0 / IIOT applications
- Advances and developments in chemical and mechanical pulping, recycled fibre production and stock preparation
- Advances in research in the fields of pulp, paper and board technology, converting, and biorefinery
- Case reports from pulp-, paper- and board mill professionals (modernizations, rebuilds, energy projects...)
- Technological innovations in pulping, paper and coating machinery (including machine clothing, process and quality control...)
- New and improved raw materials and chemical additives and their optimal use
- Novel developments in measurement and control systems
- New analysis routines and testing methods
- Innovative concepts in management